Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2022

How do you plan a project?

 Do you grab your shuttle, or needle pack, and thread and just start creating lace?

    Do you brainstorm on paper drawing out a design?

        Do you study a piece of tatting and figure out the pattern?

            Do you study what you’ve tatted previously to figure it out?

                Do you grab a book or open that doc on your computer?

I do all of the above.

Which is why I don’t have a lot to show for my design time. I need to pick a vector and stick with it (as my favorite creative engineer says) so that I stop adding to the bits and pieces pile and start adding to the finished design pile.

I will be taking a page from a writer’s group I know of: regular meetings for encouraging and holding each other accountable to our goals and dreams. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment