Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Fall is here

 This last weekend, I traveled to the “big city” for a concert. About an hour from my home. Not bad driving. The weather wasn’t great at the Bay and the weather in the Valley was passable. So, I guess the day trippers were watching football or something. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert and camaraderie.

It took going inland to see the trees turning the bright golds and reds of Fall. I tried to snap a picture with my phone but ran out of time to catch the best light. The maple was gorgeous! Now, we have maples and plane trees growing in the neighborhood; most everything in my yard is evergreen though. The plane trees leaves turn colors and drop off branches. Only the wisteria loses leaves after they turn a delicate yellow/gold. Oh, and the cherry tree…..itty-bitty cherry tree.

I have more Autumn color stitching I could do. I think I will finish the Christmas gifts first. Perhaps I’ll have a preview for the Thursday post.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the concert. The fall colours sound wonderful. Here a lot of trees are in flower: the jacarandas are spectacular and flamboyants are just opening. Wisteria flowering season is over, but was beautiful while it lasted. Bougainvilleas are not really trees, but they are flowering brightly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course trees are flowering for you. Our Bouganvilleas are vibrant year 'round here. There's never a break from collecting the fallen blossoms. The price for no snow. I would love to see a Jacaranda!

      Delete