Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Another blow to the organ world

 I know many of you reading this are more familiar with the tatting side of my life than the music side or my life. But, this is important.

Some of you have been lucky enough to play or at least hear the Dobson Opus 94 at St. Dunstan’s Carmel Valley. I consider it a wonderful instrument that I get to play regularly. This news item hit me in the gut:

Last week Dobson Organ Builders in Lake City, Iowa suffered a disastrous fire. The building is a complete loss. So much was lost in the fire. But what was found is important to me:

Many, many people have expressed support in many tangible ways to the company. And all they do is build pipe organs. Very good pipe organs. It is wonderful to know they will be rebuilding. Let’s all help.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a shame. I hope it will be rebuilt. That will take time and money, but with cooperation it’ll be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The insurance should replace the building. What may never be replaced are the historical documents. Mr. Dobson did extensive research on the organs in Europe. Sigh!

      Delete