Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Cluny loom action

I’ve always loved puzzling out how cloth is made. Especially when there’s mechanical stuff involved. I like figuring out how to set up the loom. And of course, I gravitate to the “lace” weaves like leno.

As I learned more tatting techniques, I was fascinated by using my hands to create cool stuff from thread. I found I was limited by the hands I have. So, when I saw this:

 

available through Handy Hands

I had to investigate. I understand the tradition of the tallies in lace. I like how they add to tatting patterns. I Especially like the thought of using a loom because my hand wasn’t straining to make the element. Here’s what I’ve come up with. 


I’ll be sending this to be “judged” by veteran tatters. Some of those tatters will likely be proficient in bobbin lace tallies. I’ll be really interested to see what they think!

One down, one more to go then some more rings!


4 comments: