Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Elephant canvas progress.


I hit milestones yesterday:

One month since I last played the organ for people to listen to.

One month since I last taught a lesson in person.

I finished “lesson 1” on the Elephant canvas. It looks more like an elephant now.

I have emerged from the “in shock” phase of this new reality. I have wrapped my brain around what I must do each day to take care. I need to revamp my daily life to work towards my big goals. I need to work for a future for myself and for those I love. I can do this!

I look forward to hearing what each of you are doing to find a new future for yourself and those you love.

2 comments:

  1. A month already. Yes, we have to make mental adjustments. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to be a musician, a tatter, and a 'dabbler' in other needlework, especially now. There's always something I can do to stay busy and 'active' - even when staying home and seemingly 'idle.' I already have my Christmas tatting finished for one group of people (about 50 bookmarks), and have started on snowflakes for another group of people (need about 100 of them, best I can figure). THEN I can work on the bigger tatted projects for close friends and family. Looks like if nothing happens to my hands to slow me down, this COULD be the first year ever when I might not be tatting like crazy up until the very last minute to get something finished, pressed, and wrapped in time. :) And of course, there's always music to practice, and even if I'm playing just to enjoy it myself, well, playing is playing, and I can still enjoy it even if I can't share it in person with anyone right now. :) As an organist, you're fortunate to have an instrument in your home - don't need to leave the house to practice. :) What a treat!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete