Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Forger's Spell


I’m glad to have finished the bookmark yesterday. The day before I finished the book I have been reading for Book Club: The Forger’sSpell by Edward Dolnick. He examines the case of a dutch forger who painted “Vermeers” that Goehring bought during the war. As a journalist, Dolnick amassed quite a lot of detail regarding this man and forging art in general. If you like non-fiction, if you are a WWII buff, if you wonder how the art world functions, this is a good read.
I plan to make my way up to the De Young museum soon to take a peek at The Girl with the Pearl Earring. It will be there for a few more weeks. In the meantime, I’m starting on a request of a bug with buttons that a friend spied on Jane’s list of patterns. It will be a good romp through split rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment