Pages

Friday, October 4, 2024

It's hot here

 

I’ve been looking at photos of Asheville, NC where I travelled for Palmetto’s Tat Days a year ago. Taking time away from creating to clean up is just not what we should be doing! And if death has touched your life, that just is not OK. I hope the chaos calms down and the rebuilding goes smoothly so that we can get back to creating.

For us, the temperature has been warm. Very warm. It’s so rarely this hot, most houses here do not have AC. When we moved in, many of our windows were painted shut. You just don’t need to open windows to let in the air that often. We’ve slowly been refurbishing the windows. So, we can open them to capture the cooler air in mornings and evenings. While it’s warm, I’m not working with the silk on the elephant, the metallic on the cord, or really anything. I’ve been using the time to sort and sift through the boxes of stash that were passed on to me. I hope to have more boxes prepared to go to other people by the end of this hot spell.

1 comment:

  1. It’s difficult to be creative when the weather is hot. Sensible to find another task.

    ReplyDelete