Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

So, about reading patterns

 

worn earring around bead cap

I decided to retat a favorite pair of earrings. I’m teaching the pattern at Shuttlebirds (page 11 of this web page), so this pair needs a refresh. I found my pattern with my notes and found the thread and found the beads and findings. So far, so good. Well, the finding I used for the original set are too worn to reuse and no one markets that bead cap. So, I found a replacement.


The pattern consists of 5 rings and 5 chains. Simple. Tricky, but simple. After 3 tries, I have a set. Now to find the package of jump rings and wires……

3 comments:

  1. They look interesting. Yes, I know the feeling, where did I put those findings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy colourway and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I've made, worn and retired several pairs. The class may reveal how challenging or confusing the pattern is!

    ReplyDelete