Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Another idea for combining


During the Pandemic, I found myself the recipient of some kits that I had no idea how to stitch. I trusted the givers to keep the projects simple. For the most part they have been. This is the central square of one of the kits. It's called Autumn Fireworks by Ann-Marie Anderson-Mayers and found at Beautiful Stitches.

It’s on canvas with cotton thread and I gather classified as “canvas work” in the needlepoint category. I rather like the texture that the designer built into the piece. She suggests filling the blank spaces. I see tatting there.

hmmmmmmmm


3 comments:

  1. I’ve never seen that sort of stitching before, very interesting. Tatting as an edging, not so sure if it would work as a filler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of replacing the cross stitch border with a line of split rings.

      Delete