Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Thread painting adventure

 I had the pleasure yesterday of exploring thread painting. The group, kind of a study group, of 6 stitchers from the EGA chapter gathered to work on a small design of a robin. This lovely design created by Trish Burr is quite small but has good detail. It was fun!

Being such a newbie to the world of stitching, I prepared by reading some material found online in blogs and such, watching a few videos, and really looking over the packet provided by one of my fellow adventurers. It struck me as a technique that will take quite some time to accomplish (much like tatting) and requires careful use of color blending/coordinating (much like the tatting I love to do). I hope to have pictures soon. Yesterday was spent practicing and thus isn’t very pleasing to photograph.

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to your adventures in this beautiful artform

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish Burr does amazing work. I just admire from afar. Take my hat off to you for learning thread painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm becoming familiar with the technique. The jury is out as to whether I have the talent to blend colors!

      Delete