Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2022

900 posts and counting

 

This is a poor picture, so I’ll have to provide commentary. One of my favorite places in Carmel Valley has this olive tree in front. The wild turkeys love to fly up into the tree and eat the not-quite-ripe olives. You just have to let them. Turkeys are not to be trifled with. The tom stares down all cars while the flock is walking (slowly) across the right of way. If you’ve ever been chased by a goose, you get the picture!

This is not tatting, but it is my Nine Hundredth post of this blog. I can’t believe I’m still at it!

6 comments:

  1. It looks nice and warm where you are! Pretty trees and I see red flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is warm....when you're in the sun and out of the wind. The water is still really, really cold. Those who venture in to dive or surf without a wetsuit on pay the price and end up needing care in a hospital.
      The red flowers are an aloe. Think aloe vera that soothes your skin. The garden is modeled after a middle eastern garden. The olive tree does not loose all leaves, just a few. The mow and blow guys had finished cleaning up and uncovering the grubs and such; the turkeys moved in rather quickly.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on achieving a remarkable milestone 🤩 Enjoyed getting to know turkeys a bit better 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 900th post, which was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Removed because autocorrect.....
      Try again: Thank you both! Me, well I tire of stepping in what the turkeys leave behind. That and cleaning my shoes and the floor inside.
      What shall I write about for 901? Olympics????

      Delete