Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

I'm making progress

 

I decided to tat this pattern by Mimi Dillman to practice my Cluny technique. I remembered trying it out many years ago, but couldn’t find my sample. I doubt it was given as a gift. You can see my technique is not up to that standard! Nothing for it but to start a new one. I’m happy with the way the center section came out. I still need practice, but adding the outer row is helping to straighten things out.

I’ve already chosen the next pattern to tat again. I’m having great fun going back into my stack of patterns I’ve tried and retatting some of them. Yes, I’ve filed some away again without tatting them. Some of them were just not my “style” and didn’t grab me the first time.

To be continued…..


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that’s a cluny rich pattern! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Cluny leaves are pretty good! I've always wanted to tat this pattern, but never got around to it. Too many wanna-tats still in a mile-long list 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to see how your tatting changes over time when reusing an older pattern. I like the clunies on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your encouragement. I see Cluny elements as a natural bridge between bobbin lacers and tatters. Worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete