Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Art of Music Raffle

I’m adding to a common refrain today: support artists and musicians who have not been able to earn money.
Carmel Bach Festival
Each July, in Carmel California, musicians gather to create a special Festival centered on the music of JS Bach. Heaven for this organist. Brigadoon for many of the fabulous musicians arriving from all over the world. The quality of vocal music and caliber of musicianship is so high it often takes my breath away. And I’ve heard some of the best in my time.
To help fund this yearly event, the community gets creative. Artists join in. There is an application process and the pieces are donated, with most of the artists living here really enjoying participating. It’s definitely fun to see what is inspired by the music we hear! Previously, the art was hung in the gallery at the main performance space: Sunset Center. This year, the show is presented via the main website: bachfestival.org
Above is my humble piece. I knew it would be difficult to photograph well. I like how the photographer captured the colors. The short description: I tatted 4 elements to be displayed on an ovoid ornament. The swirls of color represent the musicians and the audience. The rest is inspired by the Sunset Center hall: the gray by the lighting structure, the red by the seats and the beige by the marvelous stone floor of the lobby. I chose not to fill the ornament as I look forward to a future when we will gather together again to celebrate music and art and Carmel and….
Please consider bidding on any of the artwork, especially Ornamentation. Please support the musicians and artists as much as you are able. Please continue to celebrate Bach. There are videos offered daily on the Festival website to keep everyone in touch and inspire audiences and musicians.

2 comments:

  1. Symbolism and a backstory always add so much more to one's creative vision! Love what you have designed and tatted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An original and beautiful piece, I hope it raises a good sum.

    ReplyDelete