Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Randomness begins

The last few weeks fall under “best laid plans” heading for what I’ve posted here.

And the next few weeks look even more tenuous.

So, this blog is going into random mode until….well…..August.

Random post #1:

I’ve been drawing on the experienced gardeners in my circle of friends. They have been very generous in helping me identify and learn about the plants that came with the house. My latest “discovery” is that the volunteer plants with the really big leaves and majestic stalk with blooms in the back is Foxglove. I recognized the name, just not the plant. I tried to take a picture, but they back up against the arbors and I couldn’t frame a decent shot that you could actually see the plant. Short of using a selfie stick….which I DO NOT own! Why would I want a picture of me in front of something worth taking a picture of?

Back to Foxglove. I have done a bit more research and identified several more volunteers in the process. Now I need to get more expert advice on transplanting/design tips for this neighborhood. Sunset Garden Book is very informative, just not detailed enough for me and my mess….I mean yard. I’m hoping to have plans drawn up so that we can begin planting as the rainy season returns.


In the meantime, I’m finalizing a bookmark design based on a Beethoven symphony, plugging away on the flag and also the Wiosna 2017 doily, and preparing for an Organ Convention, Bach Festival and a mini vacation. I’ll be back….whenever! Enjoy the start of June and summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment