Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

of winter sunrise and sunset

Seems this winter is the winter of weather. Last winter I was unpacking/decorating; the winter before house hunting; the winter before that was spent making the transition to empty-nest. Perhaps next winter will be a “normal” winter? Yeah, right! This is the new normal girl! The rain has been welcome. We really haven’t had much damage. Just a little more of clean up chores. Grumpiness done!

The sunrises/sunsets have been wonderful again this year. It’s a great way to start your day. Color, transition from dark to light, and never the same way twice! I am always inspired by the sun rising. I am settled in for a great night with sunsets. Perhaps because I grew up in an area of the country where it rains….alot…., I notice the sunrises and sunsets more. When was the last time you paused for 15 minutes to watch one? BTW 15 minutes is usually how much time commercials take out of an hour long tv show. I think I can spend that much time enjoying nature. How ‘bout you?


I’m reorganizing the studio and study this week. Perhaps I’ll snap a photo. If I finish. I keep getting distracted with reading and jotting down ideas and remembrances. Time for another sunrise to inspire!

2 comments:

  1. Sunrise and especially sunset during the monsoon months here is unique every single day ! Always enchanting. So I can totally relate to your exuberance. Would love some pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will leave photography to those who accomplish capturing the scene. I have the patience to learn curled rings, but not to learn how to set aperture. Imagine the fog high enough to allow the sun to set things on fire for 30 minutes or so. Then an overcast day of gentle sprinkles.

      Delete