Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Atmospheric River aftermath

Well, the best laid plans.

I’ve been busy lately. Mostly dealing with the aftermath of the Atmospheric River. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_river 
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/02/california-rains-put-spotlight-atmospheric-rivers 

Now, you know you’re not crazy to be reeling from the weather when your state is named in Wikipedia, Science Magazine, and the subject of MIT papers. So, to those who live through hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes, I can relate much better to how your storms are described. That’s not to say our storm Monday was on the par with those weather events. It is to say, “I’ve had a taste.” We lost a smaller tree over the wall into the street. I’m still trying to figure out how to deal with it as a wise consumer and responsible citizen of the city. I’ll get it. Honest.

So, while the people who have the equipment work on the tree, I’ve been working on a design idea. That spawned another design idea. I'm calling it Joy for now. That needs to be tatted up to see how it looks. That needs….was that the door AGAIN? "Yes, I know our tree is down. I've been told by the city I need to get a contractor. Yes, I know the city should clear the street. Do you know a reputable contractor who could handle this job? No, well, nice to meet you. Have a good day. I should get back to the clean up tasks." So, I should have a picture soon.


I neglected to get a photo of the Blackwork sample before I sent it to its resting place. I hope to fix that mistake tomorrow. Along with preparing for the next wave of storm to hit this weekend. Why is it the worst seems to happen on a Holiday or weekend when all the sane people aren’t at work?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not a river one would want near one's abode ! Stay safe .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news we're no longer experiencing drought conditions. The plants and trees are healthy. But the ground is so saturated there's nothing to hold the trees and the wind is just blowing the trees over.

      Delete