Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Time for a walk

Yesterday I spent a lovely half hour walking on the beach. It was a reward to myself for actually getting a large project mostly finished.

Progress has been slow on the large projects. There’s been a reason. There are several, count ‘em…..5, large projects in the works. A wise mentor many years ago wouldn’t let me report on project progress until I knew how many hours I’d spent on the projects AND how many hours I estimated would finish the project. Wise advice. 

You see, I will happily create new stuff rather than keep focused. I dislike filing and putting away. The ironing will pile up until it will literally take hours to get the clothes hanging in the closet ready to wear. I will shift around boxes from one space to another until the contents are so old it doesn’t matter anyway. I will also happily create on projects of lesser importance rather than keeping focused on larger impact projects. Don’t get me wrong, some of the best creativity happens when you’re just “puttering” with ideas. But, half-finished stuff doesn’t have much value. Half-baked ideas don’t keep one’s attention. It’s time to assess all those large projects and get things organized so that I can get the most important things done.


Right after a walk through the woods……

2 comments:

  1. I really love walking on the beach. It doesn't even have to be sunny! Today is a misty moisty morning. The wind has abated a bit. Gosh, maybe another walk is in order? ;)

    ReplyDelete