Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Finished with TDS snowflake

 


Here is my try at Mad Mad Snowflake designed by Ninetta. This is my first attempt at a motif using TDS (Treble Tatting Stitch) in curled rings. I can see lots of little things I would improve, but overall I’m happy to have completed it. Blocking helped a lot. I think I would use two colors again, maybe switching adding the second color for the rings in the second round. On to another motif with TDS in chains.

For those local, I turned in my contribution to the Art of Music fundraiser. Like previous years, the art will be displayed in the gallery at Sunset Center. Tickets will be sold by volunteers just prior to each of the main concerts. If you wish to meet the artists, there will be an opening reception Tuesday, July 9th at 5:30-7:00 PM. The Open Rehearsal will follow. I plan to be there!

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Mel, that's great! Wonderful news! I think tts here is a typo? I've always used "tds" (treble ds) short for Treble Tatting Stitch, sorry if it's not a real acronym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch! I did mean TDS. (Which I corrected) I'm enjoying learning how TDS can be used and imagining so much!

      Delete
  2. I prefer treble stitches to ds in curled rings and especially in spiral rings 🩵

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! :)
    Treble Tatting is a slight challenge and you did it well!! :)

    ReplyDelete