Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

I have a ruffle

I guessed wrong on the size of picots of this doily. The edge row ruffles. Not badly. I’ll be blocking it to see if it lays flat. I wanted to get a picture posted to this blog so that we could discuss it in classes in the future. I’ll be making notes in my copy of the book.


There’s another issue I have with this pattern. The math didn’t work out for me. There’s one extra picot for this final round. My solution is to span the space for a loop of thread to use as a hanger. Anyone else have ideas?

In case you’re wondering, yes, I still recommend the book. Learn to Tat is organized well, and the patterns are generally clear with good pictures and diagrams. Just this one doily was published with incomplete comment by the author. I wonder if this was a case of ignorant editor.

1 comment:

  1. A ruffled outer round can work as is perhaps, if blocking doesn’t solve it.

    ReplyDelete