Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

More sampling

 I’ve been clearing out old projects. Mine and other people’s half finished projects. It’s not my favorite activity. I’d much rather create afresh than slog through a half-baked idea. But, there is satisfaction in getting things done and dusted and repurposed and useful. Perhaps that’s my music training showing through? Naw…. Just me.

I finished this sample of hook tatting that I learned from Taeko Takashima last year. The yarn is acrylic so it worked up OK. I have more yarn I need to play with and decide how to repurpose. It’s tempting to tat a vest or shawl.



4 comments:

  1. Sorting out accumulated projects needs doing sometimes! I’d also rather work on something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem seems to be that I see possibilities for EVERYTHING!

      Delete
  2. A scarf would be a fun project, too, although living in California, I'm not sure you'd have much 'need' to wear it. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A well guarded secret: our corner of California has highs of 55-66 F all year round. No shorts and bare feet for me! I use sweaters and such year round.

      Delete