Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

What option should I choose?

 

sewn on to edge

I gathered my courage yesterday and picked up my scissors to trim the huck sample and begin hemming. Before I started snipping, I took the time to fit the edging. I had been laying the tatting on the weaving just to make sure the corner treatment worked. I even consulted an experienced weaver who tats also to ask how I should hem the lace weave. I also took a poll of the family sitting and talking during our Thanksgiving celebration. Here’s the options I inquired about:

Which one do you like?

    
sewn on to hemmed area

sewn on to border


7 comments:

  1. Personally I like it better on the edge, to show off the weaving. It also depends on how big the fabric piece is I think. If it's smaller, it might not look as good if you overlap it too far... It's your choice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was prepared to like the edge, but i like the middle one (hem?) better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I like the middle option, sewn on to hemmed area. But whichever you choose will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the sewn to the edge, but please do what you like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for weighing in. I spent some time looking at books, pictures, and pinning. Oh, and thinking! All will be revealed tomorrow......or Thursday.......

    ReplyDelete