Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Poignancy

 Over the last few days, I have been spending my tatting time sorting through a pile of “stuff” given to me after a house was cleared due to the owner passing away. Sifting through your own unfinished projects can be emotionally draining, so I understand wanting a stranger to do so. Most of the items are supplies erring on the thread side. This creative person organized their embroidery floss into a binder neatly labeled with DMC color number. Not a whole skein, just a sample. I’ll be using it myself to dip my toe into thread painting.

What I figure shouldn’t (ahem) be added to my stash will go to a friend for her work with schools and fiber arts. She’s so creative and really, really good at unleashing the creativity in others. Nothing will be chucked before the creative potential is thoroughly explored.

May we all find time to explore creatively.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as though everything will be put to good use. I’m sure the original owner would have been pleased about that.

    ReplyDelete