Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Another house hunting trip


Another house hunting trip

 

Picking a house to bid on is tough. It’s complicated. It’s emotionally draining. It’s exciting and terrifying.

 

I think what weighs on my mind the most is that I’m committing to something for years and years. Yes, I can change things. Yes, things will break and I’ll have to fix them. But, I stand in someone else’s home and try to imagine it as my home.


Now, I have a very active imagination. So, the imagining part isn’t that hard. We’ve remodeled our present home and I’m fairly conversant in handyman, so the fixing and changing isn’t hard to imagine. It’s just hard to think through everything and make sure I don’t get carried away with all the possibilities.

 

At least where we’re searching, it’s easy to take a long walk and let the ocean help calm down the thoughts and emotions.

 

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment