Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

And so I slowly get it done


Halfway through my second try at the connecting rings around this motif, I was in despair. What was I thinking??

I know I want to connect everything. Saint-Saens used different ideas in each section, but the movement has continuity.
I know I want to keep the themes of each section in bold so to speak. The smaller thread for the connecting rings work nicely for that.
I know I want to achieve a balance between the busyness of the connecting rings and the space created within each motif. Saint-Saens managed such balance.

Well, sometimes the only way to see if ideas work is to try them out. In tatting, that can waste a lot of thread. What was I thinking? Make it look good. I’m getting closer.


Round 2 A with connecting rings
 


No comments:

Post a Comment