Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

a rose is a........smile


I have a few roses in my back yard here. Nothing spectacular. Not like the test gardens in Portland. That’s another of my favorite places in the world. Walking around the beds and seeing the blooms always brings a smile to my face.

 Anyway, I have some carpet roses and a climber. I tried to keep it simple. Every spring, we get over-run with aphids. This year, I tried to watch really close. We have fruit trees in our yard, so I’m reluctant to spray too much. I just may have to this year. Looks like I need a third batch of lady bugs. They have helped, but not enough. I also have the Peace rose I’m trying to get established. I think it will survive and grow. I think…….

I think I’ll take my tatting out onto the bench and see if I can cheer on the lady bugs. Go eat ‘em!

No comments:

Post a Comment