Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

back in the saddle again


I have been neglecting my blog. I had planned to post while on my trip, but I just couldn’t get sat down and post anything. Even though I had not been living “back home” for 30 years, there was a lot to think about and several people to reconnect with. And when I wasn’t visiting, I just didn’t have anything else to share. Now that we have returned from the trip, I have more of a sense of closure. The service was truly a celebration of my Mother’s life, the walk through the Rose Garden and visit with my God Mother gave me peace.

So, now on to tatting: While traveling, I finished another version of the squaresbookmark. This time I used the stitch count that makes a lot more sense. Thank you, Sue, for pushing me to reassess my pattern. It’s much better now!

Squares bookmark in pastel with white border
I also finished off a “chicks with beads”sampler. The gold beads began to lose their paint as I worked with them. I was so disappointed! But, in the tradition of teachers I’ve learned the most from, including my God Mother, I will use the sample as an example of what happens when you don’t use higher quality beads. I won’t post a picture as it really isn’t very nice looking.

I have my work cut out for me over the rest of the week. Preparing for my class on the earring pattern , finishing my ideas for the Palmettosfundraiser book, finishing my packet for the snowflake Idea at Jo-Ann (more on that exciting idea later), and generally getting organized for a busy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment